Its only 35 sleeps till Christmas!!! For those who have already ordered the ham, turkey prawns and oysters and have all the presents bought and just need wrapping, you can sit back and relax. However, for those who still have not even started to think about Christmas or have only just begun to do, here some tips on how to get to the big day hassle free:
- Make lists – of everything. Lists of presents to give, food and drinks that need to be provided, decorations, and any household chores that need to be completed by 25 December.
- Once lists have been compiled, work out what tasks can be allocated to someone else. Many hands make light work. You don’t have to do it all yourself and most people are willing to help with bring some of the food and definitely some of the drinks.
- Start shopping NOW. There are some good sales around now. Not only that, all the best things go quickly. If you leave any sort of purchases to the last minute, not only will you be under pressure but your choice will be severely limited.
- Many store offer complimentary gift wrapping. Do it. It will save a ton of time and your sanity as well. Wrap and label any other presents as you buy them.
- Get the lawns mown and any gardening done the week before the 25th. Ditto for setting the table, if you are hosting Christmas breakfast, lunch or dinner. All done and dusted, except maybe for some flowers if you are going down that path.
A hassle free Christmas is all about being organised and not leaving things to the last minute. The above should give you an idea of how to do it. One last word: don’t embark on renovations/decorating, or any other major undertaking in the month before Christmas. Even with the best of intentions, there are bound to be delays. The worst hassle will be not having a roof or a functioning bathroom!
Quintillion Concierge is an Adelaide-based personal concierge and virtual assistance service. To find out how we can assist you visit quintillionconcierge.com.au or call 1300 014 400.